Training Venues: Weetwood and Bodington
Grass sessions take place at Bodington playing fields. Ideally bring spikes or fell/trail shoes to Bod but people also wear trainers (although it starts to get muddy after a few weeks). The tempo run from Weetwood is only suitable for trainers as it is on the road.
Because some training sessions involve running on the roads, please make sure to wear reflective/light clothing to training sessions for your own safety.
Below is a general idea of training sessions held each week but more information relevant to the week will be given via the mailing list. Click the meeting places to view a map.
- Monday 6.30- 3/5/7 mile run from Cromer Terrace Gym
- Tuesday 6.30 – Grass session at Bodington Playing Fields (Meet at Headingley Sainsbury’s at 6pm)
- Wednesday – Rest or own run
- Thursday 6.30 – Tempo run or hill session from Weetwood Playing Fields (Meet at Headingley Sainsbury’s at 6.10)
- Friday- Rest or own run
- Saturday 9am- Hyde Park ‘Park Run’ (for more info see http://www.parkrun.org.uk/leeds/home) or 10.30 session up at Bodington Playing Fields
- Sunday 10.30 – Long run from Skyrack pub in Headingley, runs typically around an hour and a half.
Training varies occasionally and there are always opportunities for training with the many Leeds-based runners and clubs so keep an eye on the LUUCCC list.
In the first week of the year, training will be slightly different – a kind of introduction. This year (2011) it will be on Saturday 24th at Weetwood. More details to be given at the freshers fair and via the LUUCCC email list.